Saturday, February 26, 2011

Of Balvarines and 'Snowstorms'

So in my now 2 weeks of official non-student, unemployment-ness I have become pretty familiar with the various jobsites (Craigslist, Monster, WWeekly, some biotech specific ones, etc...), but only really one job that I've applied to really sounds like something I'd love to do/learn. There is an art glass foundry in SE Portland hiring people to work in their foundry making all of the amazing raw materials for artists that use such glass. Having had about 6 years of not much art (except for one drawing class), I find the possibility of being able to work in an environment with creative people, actually making a product and being able to see the end result just seems very appealing to me right now. Now I know I'm idealizing it, but I wouldn't complain if I could look back in twenty years and be able to say that I worked in a place like that and learned cool artisan skills. Kinda makes me wish that I'd apprenticed something like working with a silversmith (Johnny Tremain?) back in the day.

Oh so I've finally gotten to play a little Fable 3, since I've been waiting to since Christmas, both eagerly and with dread, knowing how much I loved the previous two and not wanting to be disappointed/not wanting to be sucked in too much. The co-op is finally a viable option in the game, and has actually been quite a blast playing with Becca, to see both of our characters go through the story together. My one gripe about that system though, is that there should be some way of transferring quests over to the other persons account. Like, they can go all the way through the game with you, but then play on their own and they're back to square one, just with a bunch more gold in hand. ANYWAYS, thats enough on video games. Also, balvarines are still the most annoying enemies in the game so far.

Yes, I feel like sepia tone better captures the 'tone' of our mini snow 'storm'. More dramatic that way.

Also, I know everyone on the west coast has been having the 'snow' warnings from the last couple days. In Portland, this has been one of the most frustrating things. Of the last 6 times the weather reports have said there was a snow storm coming, it snowed twice. For about 15 minutes. As a Bay Area native, the thought of snow is always exciting, so basically I just want the Portland meteorologists to stop teasing me. Stop teasing the 24 year old that gets giddy about snow falling around his apartment and being able to go out and play in it. Jerks.

I know you all know I'm obsessed with my cat, but I love this picture.

But I did get a couple fun pictures out of our 15 minutes of heavenly snow, because Sam was attacking and chirping at the window. It seemed like he thought that the apartment was being swarmed with some sort of fluffy white insects and that he must kill them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment