Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ketchup


So a few things have happened since my last post...

About a week ago I finished my final class for my Biology BA, so now I just have to deal with waiting for UCSC to get all the paperwork and documents in order so that I can really apply for graduation and finally get that diploma. Finally. But what that leads into is the more pressing need to look for a job. While I'd love to find something that fits in better with my interests/schooling background, I have a feeling that its going to probably end up being the lines of temping at an office. Hopefully somewhere within walking distance of our apartment here in downtown PDX.

Something affecting the job choice involving time constraints is that it looks I'll finally take my first big step out of the country this summer. Yes, my international travel virginity looks like its going to be taken by Spain this summer, when Becca and I get to spend a few weeks with her family there getting to know Madrid and exploring the country. I could try to express my excitement through words here, or a link to some ridiculous video (N64 kid anyone?) but I'll just let you assume with this: (:D)

Also, I turned 24 last Friday. I know there's 'no big deal' to one year older and such, but its proximity to my finishing class and looking for a job seems a bit symbolic and intimidating. Each year since turning 20 has been progressively scarier, feeling like I have less and less of my crap figured out basically. So here's to hoping 25 doesn't feel like that next year. AHHHHH.

On the music front, which has actually felt like I've been progressing a little, with a couple songs written out (just not associated with music yet) and a bank of riffs in my head, I feel ready to finally work with people and try to start a band. In addition to my job search this week, I was going to write up an ad and put it on the local Craigslist, Willamette Weekly, and Portland Mercury. I figure if I put up exactly what kind of work that I'm interested in doing, I'm less likely to try to end up playing with music with some people who decide later that what they really want to do is be the next Linkin Park... Bleh. I will keep a lookout for anyone that looks like we could be a match musically though.

Also, my Christmas gift from my parents has finally made its way to PDX via Fed Ex. Its a Jay Turser JT-Res:


Its pretty, and definitely an interesting sound to play with. Maybe I'll put together a little track by the end of the week.

In the meantime, here are some Soundcloud's I posted over the last few weeks. They're just as noisy and lofi as before, so prepare your headphones/speakers accordingly and understand that in person, it sounds much better.



1 comment: