Tuesday, January 25, 2011

First Practice Recording

Last week I recorded this little practice riff by just setting my laptop on my amp and pressing record. I added some tambourine today and was thinking about adding possibly some bass and a little lead guitar. This is all through the laptop mic, so fidelity is lacking. And yes its supposed to be loud, spacey and psychedelic. If you have an opinion on it let me know as this has only been a recent musical direction for me. Most of college I focused more on acoustic sounds and playing my 6 and 12 string acoustics, and while I have no shortage of riffs and guitar parts I've written with them, I have been having a hard time writing lyrics to go with the mood of the acoustic parts.

If this piece seems to be working, I'll possibly work the main riff around and see what kind of feelings and lyrics that might come of it.

Edit: Incidentally, it sounds much better with headphones on and the bass up.

A Beginning (Rough) by nerfherderhan

No comments:

Post a Comment