Tuesday, January 18, 2011

In the meantime...

The holidays produced an unintended dearth of blog posts so this is what happens.

I have a bunch of ideas and things in the works, not to mention my weekly reviews to catch up on:

-10 Favorite Albums of 2010

-A personal update

-CAKE and Decemberists reviews

And various other ideas to just stay 'drafts' for now. Most likely music related. However, there is one thing I think that is exciting about one of these ideas.

I will now be recording every time I practice guitar.

PROS:
-Constant review of riffs and no more losing ideas instantly
-Plenty of space on my computer, so no worry about this being too much to handle
-I can make lots of demos.

CONS:
-My laptop mic is garbage. I need a usb device like a MBox to connect a real mic to.
-No backing band.
-Too many 'rough cut' demos. (All of them)

I'm also going to be posting the cream of the crop every couple days to here via Soundcloud. I figure that I need to get more comfortable with possible scrutiny if I'm ever going to have the personal strength to try to play with other random people, let alone in front of any size crowd.

I'll be back soon, but until then watch the first episode of Portlandia while its still up. It keeps making me crack up.

No comments:

Post a Comment